Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 8-11, 2009: TV I'm Currently Watching

(Just want to make it clear this was written when I was 26. In case I said anything embarrassing.)












One thing that stands out about the 2nd season of The Jeffersons is how Florence, the most remembered character after George and Louise, only has maybe 7 or 8 episodes total. One of my favorite episodes with her is "Movin' On Down," and she doesn't have much time in the episode. She's an amazing actress with facial features. And I love that little moment where she puts on her glasses to look at George.












The "Louise's Daughter" episode has become a favorite of the season as well. It seems to always be coming down to a few key moments. One is where Mother Jefferson ends up on Louise's side when George starts acting irrational. A lot of older couples (my parents come to mind) have moments where the wife will point out bad behavior on the part of the husband. So, it's highly relatable. Next is Charlie, the bartender. The reason for that is obvious- I just think he's really cute. Then it's Sherman Helmsley's acting. His facial expressions are great too. And I love the line to Lionel, "ask your sister!"












Then, "Mother Jefferson's Fall," which would be a boring episode for me (there was a lot of card-playing in my life and childhood that I remember and almost all of it bored me as a kid) were it not for Zara Cully. I wish I knew what Mustard Green Sandwiches are. Let me try linking to pictures I found on Google (Number 1, Number 2). I love anything to do with her food recipes (Spinach Casserole sounds delicious!). One of my favorite moments with Zara Cully were the scenes of her talking alone to George, then to Louise at the end of "George's First Vacation."












All of the episodes I've mentioned in this post pertain to the 2nd Season only.

No comments:

Post a Comment